AOTA INSPIRE 2022 Annual Conference & Expo — in San Antonio
- Assistant Professor Laura Novak, OTD, OTR, BCG, received the AOTA Special Interest Section Quarterly Excellence in Writing Award. Dr. Novak, as a member of the local conference committee, facilitated volunteering by UT Health San Antonio occupational therapy students.
- Assistant Professor Mei-Ling Lin, PhD, OTR, presented “Overview of Pediatric Environmental Assessment.”
- OTD graduates Janna Roberts, OTR, and Taylor Buchanan, OTR, and mentors Elizabeth Marsh, OTR, MS, MOT, and Associate Professor Ana Allegretti, PhD, OTR, ATP, presented “Closing the Gap: Addressing Functional Life Skill Development for Adolescents with Disabilities.”
- OTD graduate Victoria Ramirez, OTR, and mentors Associate Clinical Professor Autumn Clegg, EdD, OTR, Carlayne Jackson, MD, and Pamela Kittrell, MSN, RN, CCRC, presented “Let’s Talk About Sexual Intimacy in Person’s with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Their Partners.”
- OTD graduates Elizabeth Horne, OTR, and Aleera Barrera, OTR, third-year OTD student Lauryn Sweet with mentor Dr. Novak presented “Addressing Care Challenges and Behavior Associated with Dementia: Implementation of an Evidence-based Program during COVID-19.”
- Professor and Program Chair Bridgett Piernik-Yoder spoke at the Academic Leadership Council on the achievements and impact of the AOTA Academic Special Interest Section.